Sunday, July 8, 2012

Thinkpad Slice 27 ++ battery review

Lenovo sells a 9-cell slice battery for their T and W series laptops. I haven't seen many pictures of it online so I figure I share it here. The battery is called the Slice 27 ++. There are other versions for the X220/X230 and older model Thinkpads. It uses the docking port connectors and is a great investment for those who want extended portable power.


On a Thinkpad T420 with the standard 6 cell, the slice gives me a total run time of about 14-15 hours under Ubuntu 12.04.  This is with moderate power management.

Since it uses the same dock connectors, you can't use simultaneously with a docking station. You will have to unplug it in order to re-dock with a docking station.

The battery is very hefty and lifts the laptop up quite into a more ergonomic position.  I can't really complain about the weight because it gives me an all day power.

Here are some pictures to help those considering this battery.




2 comments:

  1. Do you know if this is compatible with the t410s (not t410) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a Thinkpad T420 with the standard 6 cell, the slice gives me a total run time of about 14-15 hours under Ubuntu 12.04. This is with moderate power management.Digital Camera batteries

    ReplyDelete