Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chromecast Lapdock

After getting my Motorola Lapdock last fall, I haven't had time to play with it much. Today, I figure I would couple it with a Google Chromecast HDMI dongle.

The result. Amazingly cool. See for yourself.




The install was straightforward if you have the micro HDMI adapters. The Lapdock's USB port powers the Chromecast. Booting is pretty instantaneous.  The Lapdock had no issues recognizing the HDMI video feed from the Chromecast.


Volia, a portable 11" streaming video monitor with 10 hour battery life. I now have something to put in my shed and garage when I need to watch Youtube video tutorials!

Google Chromecast + Motorola Lapdock = Geeky cool!



Wait, I just had a revelation. This would make a cool,portable, low-power Plex media player now that Plex supports the Chromecast.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. Ive been using mine as a second screen and keyboard for my acer aspire w3 tablet

    ReplyDelete